As everyone continues to adapt and adjust their business practices in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, virtual events have been growing in use and popularity. Adjusting your corporate events from an in-person experience to a virtual one can be challenging. You must reconfigure every aspect of the event while at the same time, ensuring that every detail is converted into a virtual one for a successful event.
What Is a Virtual Corporate Event?
A virtual corporate event is an event that connects people via the internet using video conferencing and other technologies rather than in-person. Several large scale events in recent years had already started including a virtual aspect to their events, such as Coachella and SXSW. By doing so, they were able to extend their audience reach as a result.
As you can imagine, virtual events offer a great many benefits from being able to host larger events to having accurate metrics you can use to determine the success of your event.
How to Host a Virtual Corporate Event
When planning your virtual corporate event, it is beneficial to get help from an experienced corporate event planner. There are several questions you must answer as you plan and prepare for your event, such as:
- Do you want a live event on an on-demand event?
- What kind of virtual experiences do you want your guests to have?
- Will you charge a fee for certain parts of the event or will the entire event be free?
- Will you continue to share the event and provide access once it is over?
- What time and day are you considering for your event?
- Do you want attendees to register ahead of time?
- Will attendees need a passcode to access the event?
- What platform and technologies do you want to use for your event?
- How will you share news about your event?
- Will you be working with vendors, sponsors, or entertainers?
- How will guests interact virtually with one another?
These are just some of the questions you will need to consider when planning your virtual corporate event. Your corporate event planner will ensure you do not overlook anything when putting together your virtual event.
One very effective tool when planning a virtual event is using various webinar platforms. These apps are perfect if you want to do a presentation, like a new product launch. Additionally, you can save the session so others can view the presentation later on-demand. When selecting a webinar app, verify it has the features and options you need, like allowing guests to ask questions during the presentation.
There are several live-streaming platforms to choose from. Even social media platforms offer a live-streaming option. You need to decide whether you want to be able to see your guests or if you just want them to see you during your event to determine which live-streaming platform will be best.
In addition to these platforms, there are also others you can use to create the perfect virtual corporate event. For help planning your virtual event so it is a success, please feel free to contact Debonair Corporate Events today at firstname.lastname@example.org!